Friday, April 10, 2009

A Good Friday

Today was Good Friday. And it was very good. In honor of our Lord sacrificing himself on behalf of humanity, we are given this day to remember our Savior. Thank you, Jesus!

Since there was no school today, I tried to be productive. I knew I had lots I needed to do, but I also knew there was lots I wanted to do. Thankfully, I achieved both and had a very blessed, fun, relaxing, and productive day.

In the morning I met a friend for coffee. We got all caught up on our lives. I used to babysit for her when I was in college, and I'm grateful we've kept in touch over the years. It was great!

When I got home I looked through the scraps of material I got from freecycle and found these Christmas-y materials. It felt weird using them in April, but I had enough to make a little mini table runner. I think I would use it at Christmas time to put a centerpiece on or something.








After that, I attacked my research paper for my grad class. I got 3.5 pages done! I'm almost halfway done and I feel great about it.

So, since I felt so great about it, I began making a dress for a little girl. I don't know who it will be for because I don't know who it will fit! It looks like it would maybe fit a 3 or 4 year old, but it's hard to say. Anyway, this was just done with some freecycle fabric as well and I just wanted to practice using a pattern and messing around with adding details. I must say I copied the idea of sewing on the little flowers from a blog I constantly check: whatever. So, thank you, Meg, even though I've never met you, your work inspired me to get a sewing machine and see what creativity comes out! I've also spent hours looking at hand-made clothes on Etsy. Both sites are quite inspiring!





Thanks to the freecyclers who gave me the fabric (and sewing machine!) and thanks to the other creative sewers who gave me ideas!

First dibs gets the dress. Like I said, I don't know the size...but it certainly doesn't fit me. And I must say, it's not bad for my first try. I mean, if I had a daughter, I'd let her wear it in public!

2 comments:

jonahbonah said...

SEW cute!!! You did a GREAT job!!

Julie said...

Wow! You are becoming quite the little sewer...Can you make a cute dress in Avery's size? Please???