Friday, December 5, 2008

Whooping Cough Take 3

Here I am in night class pondering the call I just got from my doctor over the break. I know it is gutsy for me to post such a gross picture of myself, sick and nasty and all, but I know you love me for more than my looks. ;)
Welp...the doctor just called. Negative on the whooping cough. How strange.

I'm not sure how that can be since I'm up all night with coughing fits. :(

But, I still have to take the zillions of milligrams of meds.

Perhaps...I was on the antibiotics for three days before I got the test done, so maybe that's why it didn't show up.

There is not one single symptom on the list that I do not have.

So, it could be that antibiotics confused the lab results.

Well, I guess I'm not sure what to think. Hopefully you're all safe and won't catch it from me...but I you could catch it indirectly from all of the students I'm in contact with who have it. :)

At least I had a nice two days off of laying around, doing grad work, and coughing...tons...but at least I wasn't at work. :)

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Erica- maybe this would make a good "before" picture and then the big one on top is the "after"- haha.

The Hangs said...

hahah!! GOOD CALL!! I'll print that out and show it to all my clients. :)

jodi jackson said...

adge, as a new patient care tech i'm gonna have to go against that doc's diagnosis. there is just no way that you don't have it. i hope that your days off of resting is helping.....

Adrienne said...

Thanks Jode! You're the best patient care tech I know!!