Friday, August 15, 2008

VBS recap

Wow, what a week! Each year I am amazed at how much VBS teaches me about myself. I don't mean this to be a cheesy post, but honestly, I seem to often do so much reflection during VBS and am in awe of what God teaches me. For starters, I have been blessed to continue to learn about God's gifting in each of His believers. It is so neat to see how God brings people together in just the right way to get certain jobs done. During VBS I have been on such a high as I have been able to see my vision and dreams for life mold into that of God's. About a month ago in Sunday School we did a spiritual gifts lesson and I found out (I should've known??) that I am gifted in administration. Now, ever since I have been working in the school system, I have known that I absolutely would not want to be a principal or administration of any sort in education. But, it's been cool to see how God has used that gift in the ministry arena for me, as well as get me excited for my grad program so I can continue to learn about how to use that gift for Him. This week I've really been reflecting on where God is leading me, both career-wise and location-wise and I am excited to see where He directs Marcus and me in the next few years.

Here are a few pics from VBS...
Every time I've been able to sneak in and take a peek at Malachi and Kayleigh, they are always laughing and smiling and totally participating. So cute!

Although on the way to VBS today Kayleigh was reassuring me that "Today is the last one. It's almost done," when we were walking out to the car afterward she said to me, "I'm going to coming to PowerLab tomorrow." Sorry darling, it's over. :)

Fun games with "Mr. Kyle"...



Haha, the zany scientists were a riot...

No comments: