Thursday, August 14, 2008

VBS - almost done

Tomorrow I will try to make sure and take some pics of VBS to post. Today we had 260 kids. Holy smokes! I've been having a lot of fun getting to spend about an hour and a half of solid downtime with Malachi and Kayleigh each day in the car. They are pretty funny kids. I'm going to copy Julie here and put a kid quote in my blog (except it's not my kid??)...those of you who are from Chicago know the little short stop lights that are at the end of many exits right before you get onto an interstate around here. They usually have a sign that says "Wait here for green". Well, yesterday we were waiting for the green and the Malachi says about the stoplight (which is no higher than my car window) "Look at that little stoplight! It's pretty cute, huh?" and then Kayleigh responds, "Malachi, you're pretty cute." haha. Gotta love sibling love. Kayleigh also informed me today that while she and I are "snoods" (yes, from the classic computer game from our college days), Malachi is a "genius". (FYI: When asked if she knew what a genius is, she could not say.) :)Kayleigh ready to go in my car...all decked out in pink for her birthday!

Malachi having a chipper morning. This was yesterday. Today he was not so chipper...until I called him a "crankypants" and then he totally cracked up and was happy the rest of the day.

P.S. -Julie, if you're reading this, I know I made a grammatical error in my last comment on your blog, but I don't know if it's possible to edit comments?? :)

No comments: