Tuesday, September 30, 2008

When I should've been doing homework...

In honor of Rosh Hashanah, we had no school today. I had hoped to be ultra productive and get lots of grad school homework done, and while I have done some, the majority of my morning has been filled with much more interesting activities...

For starters...I cut another inch and a half off my hair. You may have noticed in the hiking pictures that somehow it all already grew back. 'Twas time for more chopping.

I surprised Marcus at work with some White Sox cakes I made in honor of today's ultra-important game. This morning before he left he told me that Sox fans are supposed to wear black (maybe until they win? not sure...) today, so I went ahead and did it, even though I don't fully understand. :) His manager, also a mega-Sox fan, was also excited.

I think they turned out pretty cute. :)

Okay, now that I do have a few hours yet in the day, I'm really going to try and get a lot of work done. I am currently studying up on Scientology for a presentation I have to give. Some strange stuff (in my opinion). I hope ya'll have a great day! Go Sox!

2 comments:

The Hangs said...

You could have come over today instead of making Sox cakes!! BOOO!!! :)
But I will give you credit for investing in something that your husband likes.... even if it is the Sox. I will also admit my dislike for the Sox is more of a conditioning from my childhood not really a preference. MISS YOU!!!

sarah lynn said...

wow...you said "ya'll"??that's funny :) adge, i love the hair, it actually looks darker than i remember, but maybe that's just the lighting. i MISS you, sorry i missed your call thursday, will call you this weekend.