Saturday, April 17, 2010

Top Ten Things I'm Going to Miss -#4

Continuing on in my series, today on the top then things I'll miss the most about life in Chicago:

#4- Erica 

Many of you blog readers have the privilege of knowing Erica. I consider her my best friend in Chicago. We met in college when she transferred to TIU in 2002. We got along great then, but post-college was when we really developed our friendship.


I admire her in so many ways for her hospitality (I have "lived" with the Hangs before, and will again this coming May for a bit), for her mothering (she is an AMAZING, inspiring mother and I hope to attain to her standard someday), for her kindness and for her servant's heart.

She is such an amazing, inspiring, kind person. I absolutely love spending time with her. One of my favorite things about my friendship with Erica is our honesty. Together, we can talk about anything, even the "hard stuff" and get down deep into each other's lives. She helps me keep a Godly perspective and prays for me often. Summers with Erica will be something I'll miss the most. In the summers, we hang out frequently- sometimes we go weeks when we hang out every day! We do fun things together and we do nothing together. 

She is a blessing in my life and I will truly miss her. I know we will continue to remain close friends, even though miles will separate us. She is an indelible, integral part of my life. 

 (Erica- this is like the only picture I have of us!!!)

2 comments:

The Hangs said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Well, now I'm crying about it AGAIN. I think for the summers you should come live with us. It's just a ritual. Peter said, "WHAT ABOUT ME!?!?!" My bro-in-law said: "IS that the snake girl?" haha... They made me read it out loud to them all here (we are at the dells). I was shouting HOORAY I MADE #4 (even though it SUPPOSEDLY in no particular order... Britt I'm higher than you... ) :)

Educar said...

EDUCAR SIN TABÚES es un blog y un canal de vídeos con contenidos exclusivos y materiales didácticos, tanto educativos como de entretenimiento, para padres, docentes, pedagogos y niños. Se incluyen actividades para trabajar en cada vídeo para una edad aproximada de 5-15 años y descargables gratis. Una educación alternativa, con valores... ¡ES POSIBLE! Ayúdanos a trabajar y difundir los valores.No a la homofobia, xenofobia, racismo, sexismo, violencia... no a la discriminación.