Thursday, April 8, 2010

Top Ten Things I'm Going to Miss -#2

The second thing on my list (in no particular order) of things I'm going to miss when we move is...

#2- Chicago and the suburbs

I LOVE the city.
I love going to shows, sporting events, shopping downtown, sitting in traffic, parking in garages, seeing the skyscrapers, walking along Lake Michigan, going to the beach, the zoos, the concerts, Ravinia, forest preserves, farmers' markets, the history, the character, the diversity, EVERYTHING. There is really not one single thing that I don't love about living in the Chicago-area.



This place is fabulous. Even though we haven't actually lived downtown, it will always be my deep down desire to do so. I love being a part of anything when we go down there, but the suburbs are also nice. I love the little "downtown" each suburb has and I love all of the public transportation that can be used to travel between them. I frequent to Metra and also enjoy using the El to get around downtown from time to time. I also like the cab rides and just plain old WALKING from place to place. I love our local library, local bike shop, bank, bakery, post office, and train station.



The place holds a dear place in my heart and I will truly miss all that Chicago, along with Deerfield and the rest of the northern suburbs, have to offer.

1 comment:

The Hangs said...

Are these posts supposed to make us cry... because it's working.