Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fun Weekend!

It was a busy, fun-filled weekend! It started off Saturday afternoon with a Mary Kay party at my apartment. It was fun to mix my friends from work, church, Trinity, and family all together at one event. I had a good time and Erica did a great job leading the party.


Becca's black eye...
Now we're getting there, Bec!

Freaky lip stuff and a stellar handband!
Britt picked out some lovely green shadow.

I got this great necklace for hosting the party. I love it!! (It was my inspiration for hosting it, after all)

THEN, after the party, Erica and I headed downtown to my church where there was a Selah and Avalon concert! It was FABULOUS. We went together to a Selah concert awhile back, so it was fun to go again. Can't wait for the next one, E!
THEN, the next day after church Marcus and I went over to Dan's parents house to chill, do homework, watch football (not me so much) and eat pizza. It was loads of fun. After that we came back to our apartment to clean and cook a Thanksgiving dinner! It was fun and ultra yummy. It is our tradition (ever since we've been married and have had siblings at TIU) to host a Thanksgiving dinner with the siblings who live in the area before we all head to Moline and do Thanksgiving there. It's always a lot of fun.

My sis and I in our matching shirts...

Dan loves Marcus.

This is Dan and Brittney making fun of a face I made in a picture taken earlier in the night. Too bad it wasn't on my camera so I don't have the original... :)



Lindsey and I! Finally, a picture together!




Yes, this was my sister's Thanksgiving meal. Good grief. :) JK, love ya, B.

Marcus bought a special beverage...but we didn't have a corkscrew, so here he is trying to invent one literally with a screw and pliers...need I say that it didn't work and he eventually ran up to Walgreens and bought one. :)

The traditional group photo. Sorry it's kind of blurry...blame the timer. Travis and Becca came over late for some dessert and a picture. It was good to have everyone together!

THEN, Monday I worked all day and night (13 hours) and this morning I had conferences, too. I wore my Mary Kay necklace today, so I thought I'd post a pic. :)

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! Stay tuned for pics of cute neices, fun families, and FOOD when I get back from Moline. :)

3 comments:

Brittney said...

1. i also had turkey, tons of cheese,carrots, and crackers
2. i love the long version of the necklace and your outfit!
3. i have the original of that picture of you if you want it!!

Adrienne said...

LOL Thanks!

The Hangs said...

yay! i had so much fun too! thanks again for hosting! love the necklace on you! :)