This year for our Christmas gift to each other, Marcus and I had a special date. We stayed at the Hyatt in Deerfield, which was super snazzy, tried out a new restaurant, and more.
It started the morning of January 1st. We slept in until about noon, and I made us some pancakes.
After being lazy almost all day, we did a little shopping and then went out for a yummy dinner. Our all-time favorite restaurant, Bluegrass was closed for the holiday, so ventured out and tried something new. We went to RAM and were pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious and priced just right.
We reflected on 2009 and made some new goals for 2010, which include:
1. Get back on track with our "couples" devotions...we've been slacking these past few months.
2. Be more healthy in general (more veggies at dinner and more frequent trips to the gym).
3. Marcus wants to spend less time on the computer and more time reading.
4. I want to keep on keepin'-on with my grad school and earn straight A's.
5. (This one we added for fun because it is attainable with certainty): move to Moline.
Down the street from the restaurant was our snazzy 4-star hotel (which I of course got for $50 on Priceline.com) :) We got some snacks and lounged around watching a Law and Order SVU marathon (which, ironically, is always on when we stay at a hotel!)
The next (late) morning we went off to our favorite breakfast spot, Rhapsody Cafe, in Deerfield. It was delicious as usual.
Although 2010 has brought with it some anxiety (for me) because now it's not "next year" that we're moving, it's "this year"...I'm excited for the changes on the horizon and eager to see what God has planned for us.
I pray you all have a blessed year!
Slow Day: Week 7
23 hours ago