Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekend Busyness

This weekend my brother and his girlfriend came to town and we jammed the weekend full of activities. It was an exhausting, but very fun weekend.

Saturday morning we had a softball game at 8:00AM! Our first of the season...and we won!!

After a little nap, we headed downtown to Millenium Park for some site-seeing...my bro's girlfriend had never been to Chicago!!! 

The good ole' Bean!


I absolutely love Millenium Park. Not only is it FREE, there are so many beautiful gardens and fountains and cool things to see. This time of  year, there were tons of purple flowers in all shades...

I love the contrast of the tranquil gardens in front of the majestic skyline.


I thought this was a really neat bike rack!

Then...we came home and grabbed dinner really fast and headed the other direction...up to Winthrop Harbor (which, in case you don't know, is the last city in IL along the lake, if you go a few blocks north of where we were, you hit WI) to this little coffee shop where Marcus's band had a show. It was...interesting...the coffeehouse, not the band. ;)
My sister wearing my bro's hat is the only photo proof that I have that he was here! I can't believe I don't have any pics of him! Oops! Love ya, bro!!
By the time the show was over, we were getting a bit loopy. (Remember that we got up at 6:00 for softball!)
...and Dan was dancing like a crazy person...
...THEN we proceeded to continue partying at Denny's and got home around 11:30. We got up nice and early again for church...hit up Potbelly's and then lounged around the rest of the afternoon. 

I got some sewing done, but mostly it was seam-ripping...I kept messing up!! Megan, your present will be done soon...sorry it's so late!!

P.S. One hour left of school tomorrow!

1 comment:

The Hangs said...

YAYAYAYAY!!! ONe hour left of school tomorrow!!! I still owe you an email. It's coming, I promise! :)