Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Baby #1 is here!

Our friends Dan and Angie had their baby!
We were all surprised to hear that Angie went into labor Halloween morning. Hooray for a holiday baby! And the sex was a surprise too!

We're so happy to welcome little Alayna Marie to the world. We had the privilege of meeting her last night! It was so fun.

First, here a couple of the gifts I made for her. There was one more gift, but my sewing machine broke right as I was almost done with it, so I had to finish hand-sewing it in the car on the way! So...no pics of that one. :)

I made a couple of burp-cloths...
Just got some regular square flannel ones from Babies R Us- pre-shrunk them, and went to town adding ribbon, fabrics, and buttons.








My sis and her hubby came with us. We are all in small group together.

I wasn't sure who I thought she looked like...but in this pic I definitely see her daddy!

Here's Mama Angie, baby Alayna, and my sis...

My turn!




Marcus's turn!
He did a great job.
I'm pretty sure this is the first newborn he's held since his niece was born in 2006.
He did a great job. :)


Welcome to the world, Alayna, we can't wait to watch you grow! :)

No comments: