Monday, August 24, 2009

Sewing...

The weekend before VBS, when I loads of work to do, our internet went out!
To fill the time and relieve myself of some stress, I dug through my fabric bags and boxes and found some fun stuff I got on freecycle...
I got to work on making a princess dress...

It was really fun piecing together what I had and deciding how to make it and how I wanted it to look.

I had some blue shimmery fabric, some blue lace, some gold shiny stuff, and some yellow tulle. I had some purpley/rainbow ribbon...so I got to work on piecing it all together.


I have a special little girl in my life who is always donning princess costumes over her everyday clothes. She has several princess dresses. I figured she could use one more...

So, on Kayleigh's 4th birthday, I stopped by her house. Erica got her up from her nap and brought her out so I could be there when she tried it on. :) Her brother was very interested in which princess it was supposed to be, so I deemed the dress a Princess Kayleigh costume. :)


I made it a little big so she could slip it over her play-clothes like she usually does. :)

Happy Birthday, Princess Kayleigh! I love you! :)
(and thank you, Erica, for sending me the pics)

1 comment:

The Hangs said...

and THANK YOU for the beautiful dress that she LOVES!